Monday, December 25, 2006

Good News

First the fun news. Brian went and bought us a laptop for Christmas. That crazy guy went against all the Christmas present rules this year :-) I'm glad he did, because now we will have a lot easier time blogging during our China trip and can post lots of pictures!

The best gift of all was the gift of our I-171H. Those of you that don't know what that is, it is our immigrations approval to adopt a child from a foreign country. We have to have this current to be able to travel. The lady at the immigrations office had assured me and my social worker that she'd get to our case a week ago today. When we hadn't received it by Friday, I email our social worker and she dropped everything and made sure that immigrations took care of this. We received an email Saturday morning that it was done and sent to the Consulate in China!

We are so relieved, now we should not have anything holding us back from going to pick up Lily. I think we are close to being ready. We found a housesitter for our animals. (A huge load off my chest) Now we just need the travel notice from China and a consulate appointment and we will be on our way. I can't believe we are so close. We are so excited!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Brian mentioned to Joe that he got you a laptop when you guys were over for your referral party!! Of course Joe couldn't help but tell me what you were getting. ;)

I'm so glad you can blog and post photos from China now! There won't be any delay now in seeing your Gotcha moment with Lily....you know we will all be hitting refresh on your blog! ;)

I can't believe how close you guys are now. Your TA should be here anytime now!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Great news! We will be checking your blog for updates everyday when you are in China. Your family and friends will appreciate anything you are able to post while in China. We are so excited for you all to be united. It will not be long now! Thanks for keeping us updated!

8:45 PM  
Blogger jeanette said...

I found you thru Donna's blog. We live in Chandler as well. :) Your Lily is beautiful and I'm anxious to follow your journey to finally meet her!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home