Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hong Kong

Hi everyone, we are in Hong Kong! We arrived last night at about 6:50pm HK time 3:50am AZ time. We had started our day 24 hours earlier. The flight over was fairly uneventful, but very long. We went over Alaska and over Siberia, coming into HK from the north. When we got to the hotel we were so tired so we went straight to bed. My body had not remembered how to sleep still even with Ambien. I think I got 6 hours of sleep. I can't complain though, because that is the most sleep I've gotten for a week.

Today we went on a tour of Hong Kong. It is truelly amazing here. Everything, I mean everything is built up. There are high rise buildings everywhere you look. It's really cool. We had a dimsum lunch that was so delicious, then we went for a boat ride at a fisherman's village and saw the largest floating restaurant. Then we went to the Aberdeen Jewelry Factory, then to Stanley Market for shopping. This is where we bought a chop (a name stamp they ingrave). It is suppose to say Si Hua and have a dog on the top for the year of the dog. We think it must really say "American Sucker" because the characters are nothing like her name and after we got back on the bus we realized it was a rooster instead of a dog. Note to those that follow, if you want a chop carry around the characters and maybe don't buy one in HK. After SM we went up on a mountain to Victoria Peak where there is a lookout. The best part was driving down the mountain in the dark seeing all the buildings lit up. It really made it look like there were even more buildings then there are.

Tomorrow, we get up and get on a airplane to Nanning. This is what I have been looking forward to. Only one more day to go!!!

That is all for now, my body has decided to catch up and remember that it is very tired and my head is swimming.

More from Nanning....

9 Comments:

Blogger Ava Baby said...

How fun! And, good advice on the name stamp ;D Since I am already experiencing the sleepless nights with 6-7 weeks to go, I can only imagine how exhausted you must be once you hit China. Good Luck!!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to more on your journey to your little one. can't wait to see her in your arms. happy days are almost here for you. donna's mom (donna & joe)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I'm so glad that you guys got in ok...I've been checking your blog regularly waiting for an update. As usual, I have no patience!

Sounds like you had a great day in Hong Kong...what an amazing city! You need to absorb as much of the culture as you possibly can so you can tell Lily all about it some day.

I'm so excited that you'll be on your way to Nanning...you're SOOO close to Lily now! Just the though of you holding her for the first time has me tearing up already...where's that hankie??

Best wishes for a safe flight and I just can't wait for the next update. I'm praying that Lily is just perfect and that her first day with her momma & baba is a smooth one!

Donna :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Sounds like an exciting day! We are excited to see you all together on Monday!!! Glad your trip over was uneventful. Have fun in Nanning, looking forward to reading more! :-)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent - you are safely in China and on-line! :) I'm glad your days are full so they will pass quickly until you meet Baby Lily! I am trying to figure out what time on Monday in Hong Kong you will receive her - will it be night here on Sunday? SO HAPPY for you two! :) P.S. Glad to hear the food was good! ;)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see a post from you! Jamie and I have been thinking about you since you left. They are coming over this evening, so I will show Jamie your post.

Skype us whenever you get a chance!

Leslie & Jon ^_^

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what time it is there now, but I'm hoping you got a good night's sleep and are ready for your BIG day! May the day bring everything you have hoped for and more. We'll be waiting (impatiently) for an update! :-)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Hi! Just thought I would check your blog again, but figured you are in transit to Nanning. One more day!!! You must be beside yourselves. WooHoo!! The time is getting closer.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remind Brian to Skype me, I'm leaving my computer on and have messaged him. My user name is robin.scott.johnson and it's free if you've got WiFi in your hotel.

I'm glad you guys made it safely, and was watching the clock when your plane landed in Hong Kong. I'm wondering how you will adapt to the Chinese interior.

Robin

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home