Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Birthday Blessings

As we grow, we are told the date we are born. Usually from our parents or someone we are close with. This is one of those things that we know to be true. Many of the orphaned children do not know the exact day they were born. Their birthday is usually an educated guess. To many of these children this is not a large issue because there birthday is still a day to celebrate and that is how it should be. I love birthdays, it's a great day to celebrate being alive. We had a birthday blessing that we never dreamed would be. Lily had a note left with her indicating her birthday to be Feb 18th. What a large and beautiful blessing this is and I feel will be in Lily's life. What a brave and loving birth mother she has.

Our consulate appointment came back today for Jan. 23rd. We will be leaving Jan. 11th. We can hardly believe that we will be in China in a week and a half. We can hardly wait.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have missed her birthday when you originally announced it. Tess and Lily are only one day apart!

4:02 AM  
Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Ohh Congratulations!!! You are leaving sooooo soon! We are right behind you (Jan 28th we leave)

Deb

10:36 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Nancy, I can't believe you guys leave in just one week! What a whirlwind since your referral!

Joe and I are SO looking forward to following along on your trip, and can't wait to meet Lily!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's the most perfect little girl! You guys are so lucky. I am so thankful that you have been blessed with such a beautiful baby. No two people deserve it more. I can't wait for Luke to meet his future wife. I am so happy to see her in your arms. You were made for each other that's for sure. I can see how happy she is already. I have been logging on every hour because i just can't wait to hear more. I can't get enough. We love you! ~Dale~

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home