Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lily's Room


Here are the long awaited pictures of Lily's room so far. We are not quite finished yet.
I found a pink Pottery Barn lamp shade at a yard sale and have since went crazy with pink and green. This is the diamond wall that we painted. It was a lot of fun to do.


Brian built these cubby shelves for her. He is going to build custom size boxes which I'll paint to go in the cubbies. This will give us storage to put her toys or lotions or whatever in.
He is also going to build a cornise box with scallops at the top of the closet, which I'll paint white and hang butterfly curtains at each end. On top of all that we need to get closet doors. I think in the end it will look good. Right now it's an organized mess.



This is the butterfly material to put on the closet and also the window.


Lately, we've been collecting toys. We were asked at Costco the other day if we were shopping for Christmas. We just laughed and said "kindof." My sister got her the leap frog Lily. I think she is going to love this. It says "Hi, my name is Lily" and other things. It is so cute. Thank you Sally.

Last but not least, we got her a pack-n-play yesterday. This thing came with so many extra things and no instructions. Luckily I probably won't need to use the extra things, cause I couldn't figure it out.
I think we are pretty much ready. Now we just need a baby to put in all this stuff!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ava Baby said...

You guys did a great job with the nursery. Love the way it's coming. Also, great pack-n-play. :D
Michele

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking great!! I bought some fabric for your rug this weekend, but still have a ways to go...looking forward to getting started on it!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that diamond wall !

8:52 PM  
Blogger jeanette said...

I found your blog thru Journey to Myah and Waiting for Lauren Elizabeth...I too LOVE that diamond wall. I just love the soft colors you've picked for her room.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm a little late in replying but WOW! I am in awe of your harlequin/diamond wall. That is just gorgeous! Nice job, it's a beautiful room!

7:20 AM  
Blogger KevinJenniferGordon said...

hi guys! that room is SO stinkin adorable! and you need to have that talented handy-man husband add another clothes bar (or 2) to her closet! you're gonna get SO many outfits; better make room for em now while you have the time! :)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home