Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nanning

Today was a tiresome day. We both woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep, so we finally got up at about 6:30 and got ready, packed and had breakfast. We flew to Nanning in the early afternoon.

The difference between Hong Kong and PR China is remarkable. Instantly, when we got off the plane it felt different. There were so many officers in green uniforms. The airport in Nanning is small and really easy. Our guide here is Michael and he is so nice. We have a large group of 14 families. He said it is the largest group he has had for at least 2 years.

Our hotel is SO NICE. It is 5 star and feels like we are in a kings paradise. The bathroom threshold at the floor is raised. It was the same in HK. I keep running into it with my feet. By the time I go home I'll be in the habit of stepping over it.

Now for the best part. We get Lily tomorrow afternoon!! I forgot, the coolest thing about the room is when we walked in, there is a crib in here. It makes sense, but I never thought about it being there and it just makes it real. We can't believe that tomorrow there will be a baby sleeping in that crib!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is so exciting. I can't believe you are going to be parents tomorrow! Also that picture of the man on the boat looks professional like one I would buy and mount on my wall. Good photography.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home