Sunday, February 04, 2007

Looking Up!

Thank you everyone for all your uplifting comments. That really meant alot.

Through this weekend things have really been looking up. Lily and I are doing better. I think we are really starting to bond to each other. She has been more relaxed and really happy and I am getting there too. I have been feeling better inside and am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is the star of the family, looking so very cute:




























Poor Max has taken a backseat to this new cub that has joined the pack. He was very jealous in the beginning, but seems to be accepting Lily more and more. In this picture Max is miserabling waiting for his turn to play.






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your last post tonight. I do remember those feelings! Somehow I think I felt even more guilty about them because we had adopted than I would have if I had given birth. After all, you can't blame hormones, and you've been telling everyone how you will be deleriously happy when Lily comes home, blah, blah, blah!!! But who can possibly anticipate all the moment by moment sacrifices that are Motherhood. The good of course is that what you give up will come back to you ten-fold in a whole new kind of deep down, impossible to put into words Joy. Be as patient with yourself as you would be with the ones you love most! And don't think that "a good mother would wait for 6 weeks before taking some time away". Go do something fun NOW! It's good for Brian to be alone with Lily early on.
CUTE photo!
Love, Mary

8:39 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better.

Great pics of Lily, she is so darn cute. Max is pretty adorable too, and it looks like he is patient.(poor thing)

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos - Lily IS a little star! She looks very comfortable being admired. ;) Poor Max, please give him an extra belly rub, he deserves it! We will give you some treats for him when you come over for Michele's party.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, just take one day at a time. XOXOXO, Laura

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad I was able to meet Lily. . she is so precious. So girly. I have been keeping up with your posts and from what you have said in the begining, she was having a hard time bonding to you. . . but all I saw was total bonding. I saw the love in her in eyes. After she bumped her head. . . Just kidding. But those are actually nessesary, as long as they don't get really hurt. She wanted her mom. So sweet. Ya'll are such cute and wonderful Parents Brian and Nancy. Keep up the example.
Marci

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home