Monday, October 02, 2006

MAKING IT REAL

Through this long wait, it has felt surreal. We are going through all of this paperwork and waiting, are we actually going to get a baby of our own? I look at others who have children (birth or adopted) and wonder, what is it going to be like to actually be a mom? Will I be a good mom and raise a happy confident daughter? Will I be able to give her all the right advice and teach her to make wise decisions? I know I'm not alone in this and that every mom thinks the same things. The closer we get, the more real it feels but yet there is still that feeling that creeps in--will it really happen or am I living in a dream world? Then the fog begins to lift when your friends whom you've been waiting with, for a year, see the faces of their precious twin girls Jadyn and Jenna. These girls make it real for me. They are proof that we will see the face of our precious daughter soon. The beginning is in sight and we can't wait to round that corner!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your very special time is coming...I can feel it!! And, you will be the best mom!! Don't worry - we're equally scared to death about the learning curve, but know that we'll all be standing beside you for you to lean on. Hold on, Lily - it's almost your turn!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on hanging in there... you've come so far. In just a few short months you will be united with your darling Lily. You both will be awesome parents. We can all learn from each other and be each other's support. You are so close!

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are sooo close. I will be watching!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home