Wednesday, April 25, 2007




































This past month has past in a blur of craziness. Lily is growing so fast and learning so much. She is close to walking, taking about 4 steps at a time. She knows how to stand up by herself and start walking, but gets places faster by crawling. It won't be long now. She has been going to daycare a few days a week to get used to her childcare provider. She has done really well there and seems really happy. I go back to work this Monday and have mixed feelings about that. On one hand it will be nice to be out in the adult world again, but I'm really going to miss my time apart from Lily.
Lily had the catscan done yesterday and we saw her Doctor this morning. Great news, everything is really good. Her growth plates in her skull are open, so NO surgery is needed (yes!) and her brain looks really good. The best news of all is that the Doctor remeasured her head and the flat part of her skull has come out 5mm in just one month. He said that she looks really good and had he seen her today for the first time he would not order a catscan (a $1000 deductible later) that she looks really good. We'll go back in 3 months to be measured again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy, that is the best news about her head and brain! I am so happy for you. And sad and feel for you about going back to work. It will be hard I'm sure. Hang in there.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news about the little cherub! The album you sent is great - thanks for sharing! :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Glad to read the good news! Lily is just adorable and the pictures are great!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite the expense - you must be so relieved to get good news from the doctor. I'm so happy Lily doesn't have to go through surgery! Thanks for sending the pictures - I love seeing her little cheeks become pudgier as the weeks roll by. She's so precious!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Nancy, I'm so relieved that everything is ok with Lily! I just can't imagine her having to go through a surgery.

Thanks for sending the photo slideshow link...Lily is getting bigger and bigger every time I see her. It's been fun watching her change.

I'm sorry your adjustment to going back to work is coming right up. I'm already dreading that day myself and it's still WAY off for me. I think it's great that you've gotten Lily into the daycare before you go back to work. It will be a little easier for both of you now, although it's GOT to be a very hard thing to do.

Donna

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for posting pics of lily. she sure is looking great. she was the sweetest little girl when i met her and she looks happier and cuter now. so happy that there is no problem w/her head and she is doing well. hope to see you and lily again donna's mom...linda

6:11 PM  
Blogger Ava Baby said...

That is great news! I'm glad that you don't have to worry about that any longer. Lily is such a sweetheart. Good luck with your transition back to work next week. I'm sure it will go great but I can appreciate your stress over this.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home